Latest Court Updates

Wind River Tribal Court
Non-Attorney Licensing Examination

The examination for individuals applying for a non-attorney license to practice before the Wind River Tribal Court will be administered at the Frank Wise Building, Ft. Washakie, Wyoming, beginning at 8:30 am on October 13, 2021, and concluding at 12:30 p.m. on that date. The examination consists of multiple-choice and short narrative answer questions covering topics of Tribal and general law.
The examination fee is $50.00, payable to the Wind River Tribal Court by money order or cashier’s check. You should arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. You should not bring phones, laptops, or other electronic devices.
Applications to take the examination are available at the Wind River Tribal Court, 109 Norkok Road, Fort Washakie, WY 82514, 307-332-6702. To be eligible to take the exam, an individual must turn in the application and fee to the Court no later than 11:30 a.m. on October 8, 2021. A practice examination will be provided when the application and fee are turned in to the Court. Identification is needed to enter the testing site.

About the Court

Welcome To Wind River Tribal Court

The Shoshone & Arapaho Courts of the Wind River Reservation are Courts of general civil and criminal jurisdiction at both the trial and appellate levels.

The Wind River Tribal Court serves the Wind River Reservation and members of the Eastern Shoshone and Northern Arapaho Tribe.  The Shoshone and Arapaho Law and Order Code was adopted in 1987 by both tribes. There have been updates and revisions to the code since that time and the Wind River Tribal Court enforces the tribal code.


“The Mission of the Wind River Tribal  Court is to provide a consistent forum for the legal resolution of all disputes within the Court’s jurisdiction, arising between members of the community, by implementing Tribal Law in an equitable and respectful way, while promoting the community values of respect and culture that allow for unity, fairness and due process for all members of the community.”

For court matters :

For public defender matters :

For prosecution matters :


Schedule of Fees to Court

The Court will only accept cashier’s checks or money orders payable to the court
at the address listed on this site.

Family Matters

  • Divorce……………………$100.00
  • Adoption………………….$100.00
  • Emancipation…………… $75.00

View More


  • With or Without Will…$100.00

View More


  • Order to Show Cause…..$50.00
  • Civil Appellate Fees……$100.00

View More


  • Complaint Withdrawals….$30.00
  • Criminal Appellate Fees..$100.00

View More


  • Protection Order..(Private)…. $50.00

View More


  • Background Checks…………..$10.00
  • Certified Copies……..$2.00 per page

View More

Get In Touch for the Schedule of Fees to Court

109 Norkok, Street, Fort. Washakie, Wyoming 82514

Free Legal Advice

Legal Aid of Wyoming provides legal advice to the public.

2nd and 4th Friday of every month 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
14567 Highway 287 (by Hines) or call 770-548-3225


The Court will allow probation on a case-by-case basis. Probation is a privilege, not a right. We have also added ankle monitors to our probation program. Probation officers are Maria and Marisa.

Office:(307) 206-0066
Fax: 1-888-286-2034
Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 962 Fort Washakie, Wyoming 82514

The History

Our 31 Years Of History in Tribal Court has been to protect our People, Land and Rights.

COVID-19 Information For Patients

For the safety of our community, anyone with upper respiratory symptoms or fever is asked to assume that they are COVID-19 positive and to self-isolate. Rates of influenza and other respiratory illnesses are currently minimal in our community. Testing resources continue to be limited and most COVID-19 infectious symptoms are mild and can be managed at home with support from your local medical provider or from Fremont County Public Health.

Self-Isolation is required if you have been tested and are awaiting results or if you have tested positive. Self-isolation is highly recommended for anyone with fever or any upper respiratory symptoms (cough, congestion…).

How to self isolate:
Call Fremont County Public Health hotline at 307-857-3677 or 307-856-6979 and speak with a public health nurse. Self-Isolate for a minimum of 7 days from the start of symptoms or until you have been notified of a negative COVID-19 test result. Stop activities outside of the home except if you need to seek medical treatment. Do not go to school, work, public areas, and avoid using taxis or public transportation. Monitor your symptoms carefully. Check your temperature, take medication to reduce fever such as Tylenol (acetaminophen, etc.), get plenty of rest, and stay hydrated. Seek prompt medical attention if your illness is worsening. If you develop emergency warning signs for COVID-19 get medical attention immediately.

*Emergency warning signs include*: Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, new confusion or inability to arouse, bluish lips or face.
For medical emergencies call 911 and notify the dispatch personnel of your symptoms.
Before seeking care, call your healthcare provider and tell them that you have, or are being evaluated for, or concerned about COVID-19. Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or with alcohol based sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol. Separate from others as much as possible in the home. If possible stay in a specific room and use a bathroom that is not shared. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw used tissues in a lined trash can; immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60-95% alcohol Avoid sharing personal household items You should not share dishes, drinking glasses, cups, eating utensils, towels, or bedding with other people in the home.

When can I stop self-isolating?
· Has it been AT LEAST 7 days since symptoms started?      Yes No
· Has it been AT LEAST 3 days (72 hours) since ALL symptoms have resolved?   Yes No
If the answer to BOTH is yes, you can stop self-isolating and resume social distancing.
If you have had a positive test for COVID 19, the above guidelines apply If you have a negative test, you may discontinue isolation and return to social distancing Clean all “high-touch” surfaces every day High touch surfaces include counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and bedside tables. Also, clean any surfaces that may have blood, stool, or body fluids on them. Use a household cleaning spray or wipe, according to the label instructions